#7530, b. 1749, d. 13 April 1812
Last Edited=2 Apr 2006
- 6th great-grandfather of Alexander Cody Calzareth
Judas Anschel was born in 1749.1 He was the son of Anschel (?) and Behla Salomon.2 Judas Anschel married Detzel Rothschild, daughter of Samuel (?) and Hindel (?), on 12 September 1776 at Hochberg, Württemberg, Germany.1 When a new leader of the Jewish community in Hochberg was to be named in 1799, "Stabamtsmann" Fischer stated: "I would recommend the Jew Anschel above all the others due to his good and economical way of thinking, if he were not constantly sick and were of somewhat better means, which is the primary concern of the Jewish community."2 Judas Anschel died on 13 April 1812 at Hochberg, Württemberg, Germany.3,2
Children of Judas Anschel and Detzel Rothschild
- Moses Anschel Hochberger+ b. 20 Mar 1779, d. 2 Nov 1852
- Wolf Hochberger b. 1781, d. 22 Jul 1857
- Hindel Anschel b. 1785, d. 6 Jan 1856
- Sara Anschel+ b. 1787, d. 9 Feb 1872 or 10 Feb 1872
- Marx Judas Anschel+ b. 1789, d. 27 Oct 1864
- Behla (Pauline) Anschel b. 1790
- Marlen Anschel b. 6 Oct 1793, d. 12 Dec 1864
If you have any additions, corrections or would like to know if I might have more information on this person please send me an e-mail.
- [S72] Judas Anschel family, page 6, in Hochberg Jüdische Familienbuch, Evangelische Landeskirchenamt Karlsruhe, Blumenstr. 1,, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany. Hereinafter cited as Hochberg Familienbuch. Microfilm no. 1056857, Family History Library [FHL], Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S686] Gertrud Bolay, Jüdischer Alltag in Hochberg (Remseck am Neckar, Baden-Württemberg, Germany: Gemeinde Remseck am Neckar, 2001), Judas Anschel family, p. 14. Hereinafter cited as Everyday Jewish Life in Hochberg.
- [S72] Hochberg Familienbuch: entry for unknown cd1 Evangelische Landeskirchenamt Karlsruhe, Blumenstr. 1,, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany, FHL microfilm 1056857.